How to make onion rings – not a question I get a lot, but my onion rings recipe is outrageously moreish. You can’t go wrong with this onion ring recipe – they take five minutes to make and you’ll wonder why every other onion ring you eat just doesn’t come close.
I’m almost too embarrassed to write this recipe on how to make onion rings as they are so easy to make! But to be fair, they are delish so i highly recommend you give them a go.
Super crunchy, incredibly light – my onion rings recipe are like golden rings of crunchy air.
How to make Onion Rings
Onion Rings Recipe – Ingredients:
White onion sliced into rings (as many as you want to eat!)
1/2 cup milk
Few tablespoons plain flour
Teaspoon cayenne pepper
Vegetable oil for deep frying
How to make onion rings – Method:
- Simply slice the onion into rings (it helps to cut first then peel off the skin after)
- Once you have enough onion rings put into a bowl and add the milk; the milk does two things; gives some moisture to the rings so the flour sticks and helps reduce the acidity of the onions
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and cayenne pepper together
- Once your oil is hot enough (if in a saucepan have it on a medium/high heat). To test if the oil is ready, drop a tiny pinch of flour into the oil; if it sizzles immediately it’s ready; if not, wait for it to get a bit hotter. Once it is to temperature keep it on a medium/high heat/flame.
- Take the onions out of the milk; give a little shake and put the rings into the flour. Dust well, shake off any excess flour and drop (carefully) into the oil – they should sizzle immediately.
- Leave to cook for about 5-6 minutes or until they have turned a golden brown colour. Remove with a slotted spoon, rest on papertowl, season with salt and then enjoy!
Goes well with BBQ ribs and a look of awe and wonder at how easy it is to make onion rings!