MONDAY 6th April – Stuffed Potato Skins
These fun and easy stuffed potato skins are easy for the kids to make and filling enough for dinner! Make sure you PRE-BAKE your potatoes!
- baked beans with steamed vegetables, or…
- green salad and sausages!
What you need:
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- 4 pre-baked baking potatoes (we just use large white potatoes 1pp)
- 200g grated cheddar cheese (about two handfuls)
- 4 tbsp butter
- Splash milk
- Herbs – fresh (chives, parsley, coriander) or any dried herbs
- Fillings (choose any) – cooked bacon chopped, tinned tuna, ripped chorizo, ham, bunch diced vegetables fried till soft (onions, peppers, mushrooms, anything else you want)
- Optional – sour cream to garnish
NOTE – I prick my spuds with a fork and microwave them for 10 minutes to cook through (turning over halfway) then wipe them with olive oil and bake in a pre-heated oven (180cFAN) for 30-40 minutes. Alternatively, put them in the oven uncooked for 90minutes or until cooked through.