Homemade Flatbreads & Flatbread Pizzas
MONDAY 23RD MARCH 2020
Watch our live kids cooking show – homemade flatbreads and flatbread pizzas
You will need:
- Frying pan
- Mixing bowl +spoon
- Grill or hot oven
- Rolling pin (or a wine bottle on it’s side works… just saying 🙂
Flatbread Recipe Ingredients:
2 cups self raising flour (or plain flour and a teaspoon of baking powder)
Note: the size of the cup doesn’t matter as this recipe is all about ratios; so as long as you use the same ‘cup’ for the flour and water it can be any size you want. An average ‘mug’ will be perfect.
1 cup water (or milk if you’re feeling extravagant!)
1/2 cup passata (or 4 tbsp tomato puree mixed with 1/3 cup water, or juice from tinned tomatoes)
2 tbsp oil
Pinch dried herbs (oregano or mixed herbs)
1 cup cheese, grated (anything you’ve got!)
Any other toppings you want! You could also use:
- mushrooms, sliced peppers, tinned sweetcorn, salad leaves, anchovies, the list is endless!
- hams, cooked mince meat, sausage meat, shredded chicken, whatever you want.
I know people have different dietary needs, some ingredients people simply won’t have managed to get so please do feel free to send me a message with any questions or advice if you want to swap ingredients.
Pop your email into the box below and we’ll keep you informed on our upcoming live cookalongs!
Homemade Flat breads & Flatbread Pizzas
Homemade Flatbreads & Flatbread Pizzas kids live cookalong
- 2 cups self raising flour (or plain flour and a teaspoon of baking powder)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup passata
- 2 tbsp oil
- Pinch dried oregano
- 1 cup grated cheese (Mozzarella & cheddar mix)
- Any other toppings you want! You could also use
- Step 1 Mix all the flour and milk together.
- Step 2 Dust a work surface with some flour and give it a quick kneed – it doesn’t take much and is a very soft dough.
- Step 3 If it’s too dry add a dash more milk.
- Step 4 Cut a golf ball size off the dough, dust your work surface and flatten with your hand. Then using a rolling-pin roughly roll out to about 1/2 cm thick.
- Step 5 Put a splash of olive oil or a dollop of butter in a pan and on a medium heat lay your flatbread in the pan, cook for a couple of minutes, if you want to make flatbreads – then turn over for another couple of minutes.
- Step 6 At this stage you can remove and use as a flatbread.
- Step 7 If you want to make pizzas, don’t flip the flatbread over
- Step 8 simply top the un-cooked side with some passata, a sprinkling of cheese and any toppings you want.
- Step 9 Put the whole pan in a pre-heated oven (220cFAN) for about 5 minutes until the cheese melts.