MAC’N’CHEESE – LIVE KIDS COOKALONG
Another awesome kid-friendly recipe! This simple macaroni cheese is a total winner for the kids; I’ve kept the ‘cheesiness’ quite light for those with a more delicate palate 🙂 But my kids love this one and it’s super easy to make. If you want to squeeze in some vegetables; feel free to add a load of pre-cooked veg to it as well. I’m making this one with some fried ham; but feel free to omit this for a vegetarian version.
NOTE: You need PRE-COOKED PASTA- see below
- This needs nothing, but if you want to be really healthy, then a side salad goes!
What you need:
- 1 saucepan
- 1 whisk
- 400g pre-cooked pasta (macaroni is great, alternatively any short looking pasta will do; penne, fusili, etc.)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp flour (plain or self-raising if that’s all you’ve got)
- 2 tbsp butter (or even oil will work)
- 1 pint milk (I use full fat)
- OPTIONAL – handful diced ham or pre-cooked bacon
- OPTIONAL – 3 tbsp grated parmesan or red Leicester cheese
- OPTIONAL – 1 tbsp fresh parsley
NOTE: cook your pasta up to a day before, once cooked drizzle a little oil over it to stop it sticking.