Another awesome kid-friendly recipe! These are great fun to make and shape with the kids and then cook off together.
NOTE: You need PRE-COOKED POTATOES and FISH- see below
- Jacket potatoes and salad would work!
What you need:
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Frying pan + slotted spoon
- 400g pre-cooked white fish fillets (you can simply poach these in water for 5 minutes)
- 400g peeled, boiled potatoes (just peel and boil till cooked through)
- 1 cup / 200g flour
- 1 egg + splash milk
- 2 cups (500ml) breadcrumbs
- Enough vegetable oil to shallow fry
- OPTIONAL – handful prawns
- OPTIONAL – 1/2 cup peas
- OPTIONAL – 1 tbsp fresh dill
NOTE: both the fish and potatoes can be cooked the day before and kept in the fridge.