How to cook turkey steaks and keep them moist and delicious. This is my festive turkey steak recipe with a cranberry glaze with a warm brussel sprout salad (video recipe inc. developed for David Lloyd Clubs)
This festive recipe is super tasty shows how to cook turkey steaks simply but with a little umph! It also makes a great alternative to a large Christmas turkey roasted whole, especially if you want to so something for just a couple of people or on a smaller scale.
It wouldn’t be festive without the brussel sprouts and this salad makes for something a little different but still delicious!
Turkey steaks are very lean and albeit quite similar to chicken I find turkey steaks a little tougher, not in a bad way, and have a tendency to dry out if you overcook them, so feel free to cut a little to ensure it is cooked though and when it is, take it off the heat immediately.
Love brussel sprouts? This one’s for you! Check these lot out.
Anyway, let me answer that question on how to cook turkey steaks right now…
How to cook turkey steaks | cranberry glazed turkey steak recipe
- 1 turkey-breast steak (about 150g)
- Pinch of allspice
- 4 tablespoons of cranberry sauce
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Splash of water
- 6 brussel sprouts, shredded
- 3 leaves of cavolo nero, shredded
- Handful of petit pois
- Splash of white wine
- Small knob of butter
- Handful of pre-cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- Almond slices for garnish
- Step 1 Make the glaze by mixing together the cranberry sauce, honey, lemon juice and a splash of water. Put this to one side.
- Step 2 Season the turkey-breast steak with a pinch of allspice and salt/pepper and fry in half the olive oil for about 3 minutes each side. Just as it finishes cooking, add the glaze to the pan and reduce until thick and baste over the turkey. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Step 3 In a separate pan, add the remaining olive oil and sauté the garlic for a minute before adding the brussel sprouts, cavolo nero and the petit pois. After a couple of minutes add a splash of white wine and reduce until the wine is almost gone. Remove from the heat, add the pre-cooked quinoa and butter and stir through before finishing with a scattering of almonds.
- Step 4 Place the warm Christmas salad onto a plate and top with the turkey breast
- Step 5 pour over any remaining sauce from the pan.