Microwave Mug Meals – how to cook fish in the microwave (in 90 seconds no less) – my seabass and pea puree microwave mug meal as I demonstrated on ITV This Morning.
This is my microwave mug meal of cooking seabass – microwave cooked fish is surprisingly simple and efficient – the microwave almost steams the fish meaning if you get the timing right you end up with succulent microwave cooked fish that remains moist and delicious!
Granted there are many other ways to cook fish (you don’t get crispy skin in the microwave!) but if you want something cooked in 90 seconds then look no further!
I’ve written the book on Microwave Mug Meals (literally!) so check out lots more microwave mug meal recipes here!
How to cook Seabass in the microwave:
Seabass and Pea Puree Microwave Mug Meal
Microwave Mug Meals - How to Cook Fish in the Microwave
Microwave Mug Meal Recipe - how to cook fish in the microwave
- 1 tbsp petit pois
- 90 g marrowfat peas (tinned)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp butter
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 seabass fillet
- Few sprigs of basil
- 2 or 3 cherry tomatoes , chopped
- Small bunch parsley , chopped
- pinch chopped red chilli
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1 Place petit pois in a mug and pour over boiling water and leave.
- Step 2 In a separate mug add the marrowfat peas, 2 tbsp water, butter, seasoning and paprika to a mug, cover with cling film.
- Step 3 De-skin the seabass, season, add some ripped basil, roll, and place inside another mug and cover with cling film.
- Step 4 Microwave both mugs (marrowfat peas and seabass) for 90 seconds.
- Step 5 Mix together the tomatoes, parsley and chilli and dress with vinegar and olive oil.
- Step 6 Mash the peas with the back of a fork (pass through a fine sieve for extra smooth puree) and spread onto a plate. Scatter the petit pois over the puree, place seabass in the middle and tomato salsa on top.
Subscribe and get new recipes and updates straight to your inbox
Almost done! Please click the activation link on the email we have just sent you. Thank you.
Something went wrong - please contact us to get you started!