What kids don’t like fish fingers!? My homemade ones are designed for maximum fun for the kids and minimal cooking.. We bake these ones in the oven to make them easy to handle for the kids, but feel free to shallow fry if you want that golden crust!
You will need breadcrumbs – Just grate a couple of slices of bread or blitz in a food processor or buy ready made breadcrumbs.
NOTE: If you want to shallow fry your fish fingers – you’ll need a pan and oil!
- This is great on it’s own! But if you have only the fish fingers we’d have them with mushy peas and oven baked chips! (I won’t make chips on this LIVE cookalong but I’ve given you a simple recipe below in case you want to do it yourself, gosh I’m so nice 🙂 ).
What you need:
- 3 Mixing bowls
- Baking Tray
- Foil or baking paper
- 500g white fish fillets, cut into 1 inch wide strips (basically shaped like fish fingers!)
- 1 cup / 200g flour
- 1 egg + splash milk
- 2 cups (500ml) breadcrumbs
- 1 iceburg lettuce
- 4 brioche buns (or any bun or sliced bread)
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- Optional – teaspoon mustard (Dijon or other)
- Little squeeze lemon juice
We’re having sandwiches but if you want to make oven chips, here goes..: 1 potato per person, left unpeeled, slice into wedges, place in bowl and mix with olive oil, salt/pepper, pinch oregano, pinch paprika, spread on baking tray (lined with foil or baking parchment) and bake in pre-heated oven at 200cFAN for 30-40 mins