Homemade Chicken Nuggets and Halloumi Nuggets for our live cookalong!
Chicken nuggets have always been a favourite of mine (aka mcnuggets!), these simple and incrediby crispy nuggets are a real treat and perfect for that fun kid inspired dinner (which all the adults loooove!). I’ll serve our with some oven chips and as much as I’d love to say a nice salad, it’ll probably be baked beans! (although me and the missus might run with a salad as the kids will just shift it around the plate until they spill eough of it on the floor they don’t have any left to eat..!)
Vegetarian option: swap the chicken for halloumi nuggets!
NOTE: we’re going to make these with a mix of cornflour and regular all purpose flour – if you can’t get your hands on flour use breadcrumbs (fresh or store bought). Message me if you have any questions!
- Oven chips and…. baked beans..
What you need:
- 3 mixing bowls
- Frying pan for frying + slotted spoon
- Kitchen paper towels (optional)
- 3 chicken breasts – halved lengthways then sliced 1 cm thick OR 1 block halloumi cheese cut into bitesize pieces
- 1 egg + splash milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour (or 1 cup breadcrumbs – see note above)
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying