Microwave Pancakes have arrived! Stop sighing – if you’re looking for speed, efficiency and a really tasty pancake day recipe then you’ve hit the pancake jackpot!
4 Pancakes cooked at the same time in 2.5 minutes!
I’ve been playing about with microwave pancakes for a while. The brief was simple – how can I make pancakes quicker than my kids can eat them. Simple as that.
So I hit the drawing board, rolled up my sleeves and had a very long nap considering how this might work. Three kids? Afternoon nap? Not in years…
Anyway, I’ve had some success with microwave cooking (you can find some recipes from my Microwave Mug Meals and Microwave Mug Soups cookbooks here) I thought it would be really cool if you could make big fluffy pancakes in the microwave but super fast and importantly – at the same time. That’s the reason, cooking them at the same time.
Well, I did.
I’m quite chuffed about this actually. I’ve played around with the batter, different ways of microwave cooking pancakes at the same time and finally got it sussed.
Oh, and here’s a video of me making my new microwave pancakes just to prove it works… So suspicious you lot… 🙂
Are they golden pancakes like the ones cooked in the frying pan? No. Don’t be ridiculous. They’re cooked in the microwave. But.. and it’s a BIG BUT, that’s about the only difference, the colour isn’t as golden.
Are they fluffy? Light? Hot? Delicious? Well hell yeah!!
I think growing up in the States left an indelible maple syrup stain on my bib so I can’t resist glugging over loads of maple syrup and a little butter (I’ve heard some heathens spread nutella over their pancakes but refuse to believe this).
Anyway, this is cool. Seriously, 4 microwave pancakes cooked at the same time in 2.5 minutes.
You can’t argue with that, you’ll be zapping away on pancake day quicker than you can say Betty Crocker pancake mix!
I hope you enjoy.
Microwave Pancakes - 4 pancakes in 2.5 minutes
4 pancakes cooked simultaneously in the microeave
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Step 1 Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix, followed by all the wet ingredients and whisk (you want a thick consistency – see video).
- Step 2 Lay a sheet of greaseproof baking paper on a plate (must be greaseproof otherwise the pancakes will stick) then add a heaped spoonful of the batter in the middle of the paper.
- Step 3 Lay another sheet of greaseproof paper on top and then add another spoonful of batter on top, above the first spoonful.
- Step 4 Repeat until you have laid four spoonfuls of batter and finally top with a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Step 5 Microwave for 2.5 minutes – done!
- Step 6 (I use a 800-850watt microwave).
- Step 7 Peel the pancakes off and dress with butter and maple syrup!
Subscribe and get new recipes and updates straight to your inbox
Almost done! Please click the activation link on the email we have just sent you. Thank you.
Something went wrong - please contact us to get you started!