Homemade crispy pancake rolls (spring rolls) made with crepes.
What kid doesn’t like making their own pancake rolls?!
This is a fun one, we’ll be making super easy crepes, then cooking a little filling, rolling them up and off we go! There looks like a lot of ingredients, but the reality is we’re cooking crepes, put whatever filling you want and then we’re eating them!
- Not alot as everything is inside!
What you need:
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan + spatular x2
- Hand whisk
- 1.5 cup plain flour
- 1.5 scant cup milk
- 1 egg
- Splash olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cabbage, shredded (white or green)
- PLUS – any other vegetables you want to include (bell peppers, fine beans, beanshoots, etc.)
- 300g pre-cooked noodles (I’ll be using vermicelli rice noodles but any will do)
- OPTIONAL – 2 chicken breasts pre-cooked and shredded (just poach in water for 10 minutes then cool and chop) can swap for fish or leave out
- OPTIONAL – coriander and chili for garnish
*Note: the ready-mixed stir fry bags from the supermarket are good for this