A great healthy, vegetarian and easy Rice Noodle Recipe I developed for David Lloyd Clubs inspired by the flavours of Thailand (watch the video to see how to make it).
This rice noodle recipe is really easy to make, healthy and totally vegetarian. It’s packed with flavour from all the lovely Asian style vegetables and is literally cooked in 8 minutes – the time is takes to soak the rice noodles.
I really enjoy recipes like this, fast and easy, but also not too prescribed; grab what you can and as many vegetables as you can get chopped up the better.
The whole recipe is brought together with a punchy and fresh Thai style noodle dressing that you can make yourself.
Check out the David Lloyd Blog post for more on this recipe
This Rice Noodle Recipe is all about celebrating the new season, shaking off those winter blues and starting to enjoy lots of lovely fresh herbs and citrus dressings.
You can turn this quickly into a carnivorous dish, adding steak works really well as seen in my Thai Style Beef Salad with Rice Noodles, or equally enjoy a little shellfish with my seafood Thai Inspired Rice Noodle Salad. But either way, having a meal packed with vegetables is great for your body.
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO of how to make my vegetarian rice noodle recipe HERE.
Vegetarian Rice Noodle Recipe Thai Style for David Lloyd Clubs
Delicious vegetarian rice noodle recipe - couldn't be simpler, really healthy and easy to make
- Salad Ingredients
- 50g flat rice noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 6 fresh Thai basil leaves, ripped
- 1 stick lemongrass, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- Couple handfuls of Asian vegetables (beansprouts, mangetout, baby sweetcorn, spinach, spring onions, etc.)
- Dressing Ingredients
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar or honey
- 1 Birds eye chili, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts, crushed
- Step 1 Cook noodles – soak the rice noodles in a bowl of just boiled water and cover for 10 minutes.
- Step 2 Make dressing – combine the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or cup and reserve.
- Step 3 Stir-fry the vegetables over a high heat, add the oil to a pan followed by the ginger, garlic and lemongrass and cook for 30 seconds before adding the rest of the vegetables. Stir fry for a couple of minutes before turning off the heat.
- Step 4 Once the rice noodles have been soaking for 8-10 minutes drain and add to the frying pan with the vegetables to combine all the ingredients.
- Step 5 Finally, remove the pan from the heat and pour the dressing into the pan with the herbs, fold through to fully coat and serve.