Roasted Salmon with Honey Mustard Glaze is a wonderfully easy, healthy and surprisingly quick dinner to make.
Roasted salmon with honey mustard glaze is a great recipe to have up your sleeve. A honey mustard roasted salmon, cooked whole, with the skin on is worthy of any easy dinner party or a quick and healthy mid-week meal.
I always keep an eye out for whole sides of salmon being discounted, which they were this Easter to half price, that’s a whole side of salmon for £9 – bargain. I bought four sides, stuck three in the freezer (yes separately, so I didn’t have to defrost all three next time I wanted just one!) and cooked the fourth for lunch.
A whole side of roasted salmon easily feeds four to six hungry grownup people with all the trimmings. For a quick lunch I just served it with steamed fine beans and Greek new potatoes. That fed us well, with a decent portion leftover, my wife said for the kids, but I knew I’d nail it that evening 🙂
Anyway, I digress, roasted salmon with a honey mustard glaze is terrific, an easy honey mustard glaze takes a minute to whip up, sometimes I roast salmon but opt for soy sauce, grated ginger and garlic with a little chili and honey over the top – same dish, just inspired by a different continent. Throw in some noodles and a little spinach and bok choi and you’ve a super fast Asian feast on your hands!
Anyway, I digressed again.. a roasted salmon cooks in the oven in 20-25 minutes at 200c FAN. That’s plenty long enough to cook some veg and boil some baby spuds.
Here’s the recipe, in all its simple glory…
Roasted Salmon with Honey Mustard Glaze
- 1 side of salmon, boned, skin on
- 1 heaped tbsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Step 1 Pre-heat oven to 200c FAN
- Step 2 Make the honey mustard dressing by mixing together the honey, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning. Mix thoroughly, you haven’t really anything else to make.
- Step 3 Place the entire salmon, skin side down on a baking tray lined with a little greaseproof paper (with a small drizzle of olive oil).
- Step 4 Paste over the entire honey mustard dressing over the salmon and roast the salmon in the oven for 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Step 5 Leave to rest for a few moments before serving.
- Step 6 Chop the parsley and scatter over the top and serve – I usually, put the salmon on a large chopping board and place in the middle of the table. I do that quite a lot with my food.