Quick and easy fondue recipe!
A delicious and easy fondue made using Idahoan Perfect Mash. This buttery, cheesy fondue is the perfect social meal to be shared amongst loved ones.
I like to serve my fondue inside a hollowed out sourdough loaf, using the insides for dipping along with a bunch of crudities for everyone to help themselves. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to keep the cheese extra stretchy and a splash of prosecco if you’re making a grown up version for a very light and airy consistency.
This cheats fondue recipe uses instant mash potato to create a delicious (and slightly lighter) fondue.
So those of you reading this that know me or have been a regular visitor to TheoCooks.com know I don’t promote many products and when I do I’ve got to genuinely believe in them. Well this stuff I do.
A few months ago I was gifted a few packets of Idahoan Mash Potato to test out; speaking openly, I was skeptical, but wow! Seriously, this stuff is good; creamy, tastes like mashed potato and perfect consistency; the guys have seriously nailed this. As a family we always have a few packets in the cupboard when we need a quick fix of mash potato.
So.. what’s this quick and easy fondue recipe I hear you asking.. well here it is..
Idahoan Mash Easy Fondue Recipe
Idahoan Mash quick and easy fondue recipe
- 1 pack Idahoan Mash Buttery
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 500g Gruyere and Emmental cheese, grated
- 1 loaf sourdough
- insides removed and diced.
- Step 1 Mix the cornflour through the cheese and reserve.
- Step 2 Heat 1 litre of water in a heavy based saucepan until it starts to bubble then remove from the heat.
- Step 3 Gradually whisk in 1 packet of Idahoan Mash Buttery until fully dissolved.
- Step 4 Add the cheese to the saucepan a small handful at a time, stirring continuously until fully incorporated, serve while warm, in a sourdough loaf if you like.
- Step 5 OPTIONAL – add a squeeze of lemon to keep the cheese stretchy or a splash of prosecco for a grown up version!