Crumpet Pizza, yes they’re a thing. How to make crumpet pizzas is as easy as it sounds – they’re basically pimped-up crumpets.
OK, OK, a moment of disclosure, I was dubious about these little crumpet pizza sliders. The concept just didn’t really get me salivating.
But.. I started playing about and to be fair they tasted pretty darn good! So I thought I would whip up a proper batch and share my crumpet pizza recipe with you.
Like most things in life there is a time and place for them. Crumpet pizzas have their time and place. When you don’t have time – yes. The place, usually hidden in the back of your kitchen when you just want something to eat and fancy giving it a little flair.
And to be fair what’s not to like about crumpet pizzas? Crumpets – I love them (especially with peanut butter and a little jam dotted on top), pizza’s – always a favourite. Put them together and pizza crumpet it born. Sure, pizza crumpet have that ring of student life, and they do make for a good student bite, but if you’re short on lunch ideas and want something quick and surprisingly tasty, just go for it.
Like all my recipes, they are a guide, add whatever toppings you like. Talking of toppings, if you want to make your own flatbreads check that out, or pimp those up as well with my lamb flatbreads.
Crumpet Pizza - how to make crumpet pizzas
Crumpet pizzas are a naughty, easy and quick fix for a tasty lunch! How to make crumpet pizzas couldn't be quicker...
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Generous couple of pinches oregano
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tbsp ketchup
- 4 crumpets
- ½ bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 baby plum tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 100g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 150g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- (any other toppings you want!)
- Step 1 Pre-heat grill
- Step 2 Start by toasting your crumpets, while they are toasting mix together in a small bowl the tomato puree, ketchup, oregano and water.
- Step 3 Once the crumpets are toasted spread some of the tomato sauce over the top of the crumpets with the back of a spoon.
- Step 4 Add your toppings of mushroom slices, bell pepper, baby plum tomatoes, etc.
- Step 5 Finally scatter some of the grated cheddar on top and finish with placing a few sliced of mozzarella on each one.
- Step 6 Pop under a pre-heated grill for a few minutes or until the cheese melts and starts to brown.
- Step 7 Garnish with a few sprigs of basil