Lemongrass Pork Skewers, these are reminiscent of the flavours I remember whilst travelling around Vietnam.
BBQ pork with chilli, lemongrass, mint, all wrapped around a stick of lemongrass, perfect for your summer bbq or on the griddle for a winter treat (I have no idea what you’re going ot do in spring and autumn).
I love south-east Asian food it just feels healthy to eat and wonderfully aromatic with fresh vibrant ingredients.
If you’re like me, check out my other south-east Asian recipes here.
I love using lemongrass as a skewer to poke into a fish or wrap some meat around for the flavour it imparts, which is exactly what I’ve done here – I hope you enjoy!
Lemongrass Pork Skewers - Vietnamese Pork BBQ
Lemongrass Pork Skewers really easy to make and scream summer bbq (or winter griddle!). Vietnamese Pork BBQ inspired recipe.
- 2 sticks lemon grass finely chopped (10g)
- Plus 6 extra sticks of lemongrass for skewers
- 1 large clove garlic chopped (5g)
- 3 spring onions sliced (30g)
- 1tbsp heaped grated ginger
- 8 kaffer lime leaves finely sliced
- 400g minced pork
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 red or green chilli finely chopped (including seeds)
- Small bunch fresh mint finely chopped
- Step 1 Mix all the ingredients together except the 6 lemongrass sticks you are going to use as skewers.
- Step 2 Once everything is combined, take out a golf ball sized amount and roll into a sausage shape.
- Step 3 Push the root end of the lemongrass stick along it’s length and start to mould the mince around the stick.
- Step 4 Once all the skewers are done, wash your hands and then lightly oil your hands and rub over the skewers to slightly oil the outside.
- Step 5 Place over direct heat of a pre-lit bbq or on a hot griddle for about 5 minutes before turning a quarter. Continue until the outside is charred and in the inside is cooked.
- Step 6 Serve with a wedge of lime.
Subscribe and get new recipes and updates straight to your inbox
Almost done! Please click the activation link on the email we have just sent you. Thank you.
Something went wrong - please contact us to get you started!