Lemongrass Pork Skewers, these are reminiscent of the flavours I remember whilst travelling around Vietnam.
BBQ pork with chilli, lemongrass, mint, all wrapped around a stick of lemongrass, perfect for your summer bbq or on the griddle for a winter treat (I have no idea what you’re going ot do in spring and autumn).
I love south-east Asian food it just feels healthy to eat and wonderfully aromatic with fresh vibrant ingredients.
If you’re like me, check out my other south-east Asian recipes here.
I love using lemongrass as a skewer to poke into a fish or wrap some meat around for the flavour it imparts, which is exactly what I’ve done here – I hope you enjoy!
Lemongrass Pork Skewers - Vietnamese Pork BBQ
Lemongrass Pork Skewers really easy to make and scream summer bbq (or winter griddle!). Vietnamese Pork BBQ inspired recipe.
- 2 sticks lemon grass finely chopped (10g)
- Plus 6 extra sticks of lemongrass for skewers
- 1 large clove garlic chopped (5g)
- 3 spring onions sliced (30g)
- 1tbsp heaped grated ginger
- 8 kaffer lime leaves finely sliced
- 400g minced pork
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 red or green chilli finely chopped (including seeds)
- Small bunch fresh mint finely chopped
- Step 1 Mix all the ingredients together except the 6 lemongrass sticks you are going to use as skewers.
- Step 2 Once everything is combined, take out a golf ball sized amount and roll into a sausage shape.
- Step 3 Push the root end of the lemongrass stick along it’s length and start to mould the mince around the stick.
- Step 4 Once all the skewers are done, wash your hands and then lightly oil your hands and rub over the skewers to slightly oil the outside.
- Step 5 Place over direct heat of a pre-lit bbq or on a hot griddle for about 5 minutes before turning a quarter. Continue until the outside is charred and in the inside is cooked.
- Step 6 Serve with a wedge of lime.