Homemade Vegan Burgers!
So this show was a bit of a shambles! One of the kids smashed the bowl with the mincemeat so we only ended up cooking vegan burgers! But the kids loved them so that was a result! It’s real life and real cooking!
We all love burgers in our house; but todays cookalong we’ll be making beef burgers and a vegan burger!
All the ingredients and method of cooking is exactly the same; it’s just the base of the burger that changes, what does that mean? It means depending on which one your cooking, you will need:
Choose beef or vegan:
Beef Burgers: 400g beef mince
Vegan burgers: x2 tins black beans + 1 small tin sweetcorn
- Buns! You want buns with your burgers! Plus ketchup, shredded lettuce, maybe some sliced tomatoes. Oh, and chips if you want them – just use oven chips – make life easy!
What you need:
- 1 mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- Potato masher or food processor
- Beefburgers: 400g beef mince – OR
- Vegan Burgers: 2 tins black beans + 1 small tin sweetcorn
Everyone will need:
- 2 slices bread, soaked in water
- Herbs – as many as you want; I’ll use 1 bunch chopped coriander
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp flour for dusting burgers
- Splash oil for frying
- OPTIONAL – 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- OPTIONAL – 2 tbsp dried herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary whatever)