Grilled Zucchini recipe or Grilled Courgettes (if you live in the UK!) is one of the Michaels’ family staple BBQ vegetables.
My grilled zucchini recipe (or grilled courgettes!) is served with a lemon, garlic and parsley dressing. Grilled zucchinis are a wonderful thing; charred exterior, soft courgette/zucchini flesh complimented by a zesty and garlicy dressing.
Grilled zucchini or grilled courgettes are best cooked on the BBQ but still work great under your home grill.
Zucchinis or courgettes dressed with lemon and garlic are a terrific combination; this grilled zucchini or grilled courgette recipe is as simple a simple gets but rewards you with the most delicious bbq vegetables you could want for.
A simple dressing, a few slices of courgette and Bobs-your-uncle you’re good to go!
Grilled Zucchini Recipe (grilled courgettes)
Ingredients – serves 4
2 zucchinis (courgettes)
6 tbl extra virgin olive oil
1 tbl butter (softened)
2 cloves of garlic – crushed
15g (small handful) fresh flat leaf parsley – finely chopped
Lemon juice – half quantity of olive oil
Pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
Grilled Zucchini (grilled courgette) Method:
- Slice the courgettes lengthways about 1cm / 1/2inch thick
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl until well combined
- Using only a couple of tablespoons of the dressing, lightly coat the raw courgette slices, then place on the BBQ grill over direct heat (or under your grill).
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes each side until charred (try not to move them about to much).
- Place courgettes on a serving dish and immediately drizzle over the dressing, letting it coat all the courgette slices.
Serve at once! Goes great with anything on the BBQ!