Don’t even think about not trying this pork crackling recipe! Tiny morsels of salty, crunchy pig skin. That’s right pig skin that turns into the most deliciously moreish pork crackling.
Incredibly easy, there always seems to be some mystery around a pork crackling recipe but this one couldn’t be easier and always delivers incredibly crunchy pork scratchings.
You can cut these to any shape or size you want, I would say the traditional ‘finger’ shape and size always works, however, I like to do mine super slim and quite long.
Like pork? How about roast pork with an apricot glaze?
My pork crackling recipe makes a great snack and a really fun garnish (I usually serve these on top of my uber succulent pork belly and scallop starter).
Pork Crackling Recipe
Pig skin – as much as you want (this recipe is for a sheet about 6×6 inches)
1 tablespoon table salt
Pinch of celery salt (optional)
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the pork skin into thin strips about 5mm width and as long as you want.
- Lightly dust with the salt and leave for 20 minutes in a bowl.
- After 20 minutes simply drizzle over the olive oil (no need to rinse or do anything with the salted skin, just mix in some olive oil).
- Then place all the strips of pig fat on to a baking tray and spread out a little and pop into a pre-heated oven at 220C, as soon as you put the tray in, turn the oven down to 180C.
- Total cooking time is 20 minutes – but check them after 10 and pour away any fat. Leave in the oven for another 10 minutes and they will be perfect!
- Remove once they are golden and bubbly, put on kitchen towel and sprinkle some celery salt (or mild chilli powder) and serve!
Goes well as an indulgent calorific snack or as a dainty garnish on top of a slow cooked pork belly – and a cold beer of course!
Get more stuff like this
Join TheoCooks Today
Subscribe to TheoCooks.com today and get free recipes and updates to your email inbox.
Please check your email to activate your membership - thank you!
Something went wrong - please contact us to get you started!