A delicious salmon salad recipe done in under 5 minutes. Succulent salmon, fiery hot chilli flakes, fresh spinach, warm sesame dressing – BOOM! What more can you ask for? Don’t answer that…
I stumbled across this salmon salad recipe as an accident when I fancied something to set the ol’ tastebuds on fire.. It’s now become a firm favourite as a healthy, ass-kicking lunch.
I was going to call this my Serendipitous Salmon Salad, but then thought that sounded a bit naff.
Love Salmon? Check out my other Salmon Recipes
This is also a great way to cook salmon, the small chunks cook in literally a couple of minutes meaning you have a really quick (and healthy) salmon salad done in no time.
Salmon Salad Recipe
Ingredients – serves 2:
100gms baby leaf spinach
2 salmon fillets cut into cubes 2x2inches
4 tablespoons light olive oil
2 inches ginger – grated
2 cloves garlic – grated
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
- Scatter raw baby spinach leaves into each bowl.
- Fry salmon cubes in olive oil on high heat, add grated ginger and garlic (2 cloves) and chilli flakes. Stir gently not to break up the salmon.
- Turn heat down to medium, add sesame oil, soy sauce and salt and sugar.
- Stir fry for another minute until salmon is cooked and liquids have reduced a little and remove from heat.
- Gently scatter the cooked salmon over the spinach and using a tablespoon drizzle over the rest of the sauce and bits of garlic chilli over the dish – serve immediately.
Goes well with chopsticks and a smug grin!
Get more stuff like this
Join TheoCooks Today
Subscribe to TheoCooks.com today and get free recipes and updates to your email inbox.
Please check your email to activate your membership - thank you!
Something went wrong - please contact us to get you started!