Smoked Salmon Brunch Recipe – smoked salmon hash.
For my smoked salmon brunch recipe it has to be a smoked salmon hash; I do love a hash (not that sort of hash!) I love the total freedom of bunging a load of ingredients into a hot pan, throw in the mandatory kick of chilli and stick a fried egg on top and you have an utterly satisfying brunch recipe sorted.
This smoked salmon brunch recipe is packed with flavour, super quick and really cost effective. I use smoked salmon trimmings for my hash and to cook with instead of more expensive slices as they are being chopped up anyway and I think it’s a waste to spunk a load of dosh on a really delicate beautiful piece of smoked salmon and then throw it in with a bunch of other ingredients.
If you guy great quality smoked salmon, savor it, keep it simple.
If you’re cooking a smoked salmon hash, get messy and go wild!
I like to cheat a little with this recipe, as I also use the microwave to give the potatoes a head start and reduce the cooking time.
Anyway, here’s my smoked salmon brunch recipe – smoked salmon hash.
Smoked Salmon Brunch Recipe - Smoked Salmon Hash
Smoked Salmon Brunch Recipe - Smoked Salmon Hash with a fried egg!
- 500g potatoes, diced
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 4 free range eggs
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 120g smoked salmon trimmings, separated
- 4tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Step 1 Add the diced potato to a bowl and fill with enough boiling water to just cover the potatoes, microwave uncovered on full power for 6 minutes.
- Step 2 While the potatoes are cooking, fry the onions and chilli in half the olive oil.
- Step 3 Once the potatoes are done, drain, let steam dry and add to the onions, fry on a high heat for another few minutes until the potatoes start to crisp a little.
- Step 4 Now add the sliced spring onions, smoked salmon trimmings and season generously. Turn off the heat, the residual heat will gently cook the salmon (which doesn’t need cooking anyway!).
- Step 5 In a separate pan, fry the eggs in the remaining oil.
- Step 6 Finally, divide the smoked salmon hash equally between four plates, top with a fried egg and garnish with the chopped parsley.
Subscribe and get new recipes and updates straight to your inbox
Almost done! Please click the activation link on the email we have just sent you. Thank you.
Something went wrong - please contact us to get you started!