Smoked Salmon Brunch Recipe – smoked salmon hash.
For my smoked salmon brunch recipe it has to be a smoked salmon hash; I do love a hash (not that sort of hash!) I love the total freedom of bunging a load of ingredients into a hot pan, throw in the mandatory kick of chilli and stick a fried egg on top and you have an utterly satisfying brunch recipe sorted.
This smoked salmon brunch recipe is packed with flavour, super quick and really cost effective. I use smoked salmon trimmings for my hash and to cook with instead of more expensive slices as they are being chopped up anyway and I think it’s a waste to spunk a load of dosh on a really delicate beautiful piece of smoked salmon and then throw it in with a bunch of other ingredients.
If you guy great quality smoked salmon, savor it, keep it simple.
If you’re cooking a smoked salmon hash, get messy and go wild!
I like to cheat a little with this recipe, as I also use the microwave to give the potatoes a head start and reduce the cooking time.
Anyway, here’s my smoked salmon brunch recipe – smoked salmon hash.
Smoked Salmon Brunch Recipe - Smoked Salmon Hash
Smoked Salmon Brunch Recipe - Smoked Salmon Hash with a fried egg!
- 500g potatoes, diced
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 4 free range eggs
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 120g smoked salmon trimmings, separated
- 4tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Step 1 Add the diced potato to a bowl and fill with enough boiling water to just cover the potatoes, microwave uncovered on full power for 6 minutes.
- Step 2 While the potatoes are cooking, fry the onions and chilli in half the olive oil.
- Step 3 Once the potatoes are done, drain, let steam dry and add to the onions, fry on a high heat for another few minutes until the potatoes start to crisp a little.
- Step 4 Now add the sliced spring onions, smoked salmon trimmings and season generously. Turn off the heat, the residual heat will gently cook the salmon (which doesn’t need cooking anyway!).
- Step 5 In a separate pan, fry the eggs in the remaining oil.
- Step 6 Finally, divide the smoked salmon hash equally between four plates, top with a fried egg and garnish with the chopped parsley.