A delicious salmon salad recipe done in under 5 minutes. Succulent salmon, fiery hot chilli flakes, fresh spinach, warm sesame dressing – BOOM! What more can you ask for? Don’t answer that…
I stumbled across this salmon salad recipe as an accident when I fancied something to set the ol’ tastebuds on fire.. It’s now become a firm favourite as a healthy, ass-kicking lunch.
I was going to call this my Serendipitous Salmon Salad, but then thought that sounded a bit naff.
Love Salmon? Check out my other Salmon Recipes
This is also a great way to cook salmon, the small chunks cook in literally a couple of minutes meaning you have a really quick (and healthy) salmon salad done in no time.
Salmon Salad Recipe
Ingredients – serves 2:
100gms baby leaf spinach
2 salmon fillets cut into cubes 2x2inches
4 tablespoons light olive oil
2 inches ginger – grated
2 cloves garlic – grated
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
- Scatter raw baby spinach leaves into each bowl.
- Fry salmon cubes in olive oil on high heat, add grated ginger and garlic (2 cloves) and chilli flakes. Stir gently not to break up the salmon.
- Turn heat down to medium, add sesame oil, soy sauce and salt and sugar.
- Stir fry for another minute until salmon is cooked and liquids have reduced a little and remove from heat.
- Gently scatter the cooked salmon over the spinach and using a tablespoon drizzle over the rest of the sauce and bits of garlic chilli over the dish – serve immediately.
Goes well with chopsticks and a smug grin!