Tofu Stir Fry – deep fried tofu with coriander and chilli dressing.
I first tried a tofu stir fry whilst travelling through China and I was converted. Deep fried tofu in batter was delicious!
You either love it or simply don’t see the point of it! I got quite into these little tofu treats in China; usually found in soups or stir fry dishes (but go great on their own with a little coriander and chilli dressing).
Tofu Stir Fry
Deep Fried Tofu Recipe – Ingredients:
For the tofu:
1 packet of tofu
1 tablespoon of plain flour
1 tablespoon of corn flour
Pinch of tumeric (just to colour not taste)
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
1 egg whisked
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Chilli and Coriander Dressing:
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
1/2 red chilli finely diced (seeds in = hot, de-seeded = mild)
1/2 clove garlic finely diced
Deep Fried Tofu Recipe – Method:
To make the Coriander and Chilli dressing:
- Mix together all ingredients and put into a small bowl or cup.
- Once your oil is hot and ready to deep fry the tofu squares pour a tablespoon of the hot oil onto the dressing ingredients – they should sizzle.
- Drizzle this over your finished tofu if having as a side dish.
To make the deep fried tofu:
- Mix together the plain flour, corn flour, tumeric and chilli flakes and put into a bowl
- Put the whisked egg into another bowl
- Cut the tofu into equal squares (about 1x1inch)
- Dip the tofu squares into the egg, then into the flour and then drop into the deep fat fryer (or saucepan with hot oil in ready to go)
- Once they turn golden remove and drain (you don’t need to cook the tofu; you’re just crisping the flour)
- Put onto a plate; drizzle over the coriander and chilli dressing if having as a side.
Goes well with spicy aubergine stir fry or on its own with a questionable love of tofu..
Subscribe and get new recipes and updates straight to your inbox
Almost done! Please click the activation link on the email we have just sent you. Thank you.
Something went wrong - please contact us to get you started!